Craig Gorman Speech Pathology
As one of Melbourne`s most experienced Speech Pathologists, Mr Craig Gorman has over 25 years experience across all aspects of the profession. Visit the Melbourne Speech Clinics new website.
Craig is the father of three wonderful children, Christian, Laura and James and feels that family life and experience, is the most precious experience of all.
Craig commenced his professional life at the Western General Hospital and after 4 years accepted and maintained the senior position at P.A.N.C.H Hospital in Preston and later at the Northern Hospital in Epping for 14 years. He also founded the Speech Pathology departments at the Epworth Hospital, Mitcham, Knox and Donvale Private Hospitals, Olympia and Ivanhoe Manor Rehabilitation Hospitals.
Craig established The Melbourne Speech Clinics, which are a network of 8 Speech Pathology practices throughout metropolitan Melbourne. This wide ranging general practice offers professional services to both children and adults. The Melbourne Speech Clinics also provide services to kindergartens, schools and aged care facilities on a contractual basis.
As the Principal Speech Pathologist at the practice Craig is supported by a number of Speech Pathologists that specialise in paediatric and adult speech, language and swallowing disorders.
All Speech Pathologists have a current Working with Children Certificate and National Police Check issued by the Victoria Police, which are available for viewing upon request.
In this regard, Melbourne Speech Clinics lead by example.
About Craig Gorman
Craig is a highly experienced Speech Pathologist that is fully committed to and passionate about providing quality services to his clients so as to meet their goals and achieve success. Craig is proud to be in a position so as to make such a positive impact not only in the life of his clients but the families of those he serves.
Craig believes the fundamentals of providing quality paediatric service is to…..
- Know that building a child’s communication skills improves their self esteem and confidence.
- Believe that a family centred approach to learning is the key to improving the overall success of the child.
- Believe that parents need to be given all the information available, in order for them to make informed decisions about their child’s care.
- Know that children learn best through play and exploration and strive to make all therapy sessions fun, interactive, meaningful and relevant.
- Understand that motivating parents to find the natural teachers within will ensure their child’s continued improvement toward being successful communicators.
- Know that every child has their own individual personality and aim to build goals and activities that ensure the child’s success.
- Believe that parents know their child best, which makes their input the most important factor to effectively treating their child.
- Understand the busy schedules that parents maintain, requires us to be flexible in providing our services.
- Are proud to be in a professional position to act as an advocate for the children and families we serve.
- Honour the individual differences in the development of speech and language skills as well as respect the challenges a child faces when experiencing a communication disorder.
If you or someone you love is struggling with communication or swallowing, please don’t wait. Prompt intervention improves results. Please call Melbourne Speech Clinics for professional advice.
Contact Craig Gorman